Dr Brooke O'Brien
MedSc, MBBS (Hons), FRANZCOG, IFEPAG
Dr Brooke O’Brien is a dedicated specialist who is committed to providing the best gynaecological health care to women of all ages. She believes that every woman has the right to an individualised, professional and compassionate approach to their health. Brooke has a relaxed and caring bedside manner, allowing you to feel comfortable to discuss your concerns.
Dr Brooke O’Brien is a qualified specialist female Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and has worked in tertiary hospitals right across Australia. Brooke practises in all areas of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology (PAG), making her one of only a few specialists in Australia to be qualified in this area. Brooke has obtained an International Fellowship in PAG and has spoken internationally and published numerous research articles in her work in this field. As a mother herself, Brooke has a unique way of building trust and rapport with her younger patients.
In addition to her work at Northside Gynaecology, Brooke teaches and maintains an active role in the instruction and examination of training specialists through the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG). Brooke also mentors medical students through the University of Queensland, where she is currently a Senior Lecturer. She keeps up to date in the latest in women’s health by attending annual conferences and courses.
Dr O'Brien operates from
Expertise & Special Interests
- Vaginal Surgery
- Hysteroscopy Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Management of Abnormal Cervical Screening requiring Colposcopy and LLETZ
- Endometrial Ablation
- Contraception and Mirena
Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology:
- Menstrual problems such as irregular, heavy or prolonged periods, absent periods, period pain or premenstrual syndrome.
- Perineal trauma or vaginal foreign bodies
- Pelvic pain including endometriosis
- Ovarian cysts and adnexal torsion
- Hormonal complaints such as acne or excessive hair growth, early or delayed puberty.
- Congenital surgical abnormalities of the vagina and uterus such has hymenal bands, imperforate hymen, vaginal septum, congenital absence of vagina or uterus.
- Disorders of sexual development
- Menstrual management options for girls with complex physical and intellectual disabilities, or with other significant medical problems.
- Vulvovaginal complaints such as itch, discharge, bleeding, soreness, rash, labial adhesions or concerns regarding atypical appearances.
Time to make an appointment?