Northside Gynaecology has the latest technology and is one of the first practices in Brisbane to offer MonaLisa Touch, vaginal laser treatments.
The MonaLisa Touch™treatment is suitable for women of all ages who present with symptoms such as:
- Painful intercourse
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal itchiness and burning
- Dryness and loss of lubrication
- Recurrent thrush and UTI’s
- Vaginal laxity
- Vaginal and vulval pain
Our MonaLisa Touch™ is only available at our Kedron location
What is the MonaLisa Touch™
MonaLisa Touch™ is a non-invasive alternative to HRT for the treatment of symptoms related to Vaginal Atrophy.
It is a five minute, pain free procedure that has no downtime and is suitable for almost all patients suffering from the effects of Vaginal Atrophy. These symptoms can include painful intercourse, urinary incontinence, itchiness, burning, dryness, mild prolapse and laxity.
Most patients experience a noticeable improvement after just one MonaLisa Touch™ treatment, however a course of three treatments month apart is recommended. Patients can return to their normal daily activities immediately following a MonaLisa Touch procedure with the only post-treatment instruction being no sexual activity for five days.
MonaLisa Touch™ was introduced into Australia in January 2013 and more than 2000 treatments have been performed. The feedback from the Australian doctors performing the treatments is that MonaLisa Touch™ is consistently exceeding their expectations. And for many of the patients who have experienced the MonaLisa Touch™ procedure it has been life-changing. MonaLisa Touch™ is a low-risk procedure that provides longer-lasting improvements than HRT. However, it can be used in conjunction with HRT, as an alternative treatment for patients who are not suitable for HRT or for those patients who have found HRT to be ineffective.
MonaLisa Touch™ works by stimulating the body’s own regenerative processes to create more hydrated and healthy cells and to improve the vascularity of the vaginal mucosa. This has a direct effect on the integrity and elasticity of the vaginal wall and increases the acidity of the vaginal environment to more normal levels. In general terms MonaLisa Touch™ improves the function and health of the vagina. MonaLisa Touch™ is proving to be an exciting and effective solution for many women experiencing the symptoms of Vaginal Atrophy.
Please Click Below for Clinical Studies
- Randomised, double-blind_placebo_controlled clinical trial for evaluating the efficacy of fractional CO2 laser compared with topical estriol in the treatment of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women – 2017 North American Menopause Society
- Microscopic and ultrastructural modifications of postmenopausal atrophic vaginal mucosa after fractional carbon dioxide laser treatment (1.5 MB PDF)
- Sexual function after fractional carbon dioxide laser treatment (130KB PDF)
- Tackling Menopause Syndrome with a CO2 Fractional Laser, Sept 2014 (335KB PDF)
- Menopause Vaginal Atrophy Treatment with Microablative Fractional CO2 Laser. A New Approach, May 2013 (1.85MB PDF)
- The Use of pulsed CO2 lasers for the treatment of vulvovaginal atrophy. Dec, 2015 (136KB PDF)
- Vulvo-vaginal Atrophy: A new treatment modality using thermo-ablative fractional CO2 laser. July 2014(621KB PDF)
- Fractional microablative CO2 laser for vulvovaginal atrophy in women treated with chemotherapy and/or hormonal therapy for breast cancer: a retrospective study, 2016 The North American Menopause Society (230.98KB PDF)
- Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment for Vaginal Atrophy and Vulvar Lichen Sclerosus. JOURNAL OF GYNECOLOGIC SURGERY 2016 ( 886KB PDF)
- Use of a novel fractional CO2 laser for the treatment of genitourinary syndrome of menopause: 1-year outcomes. The Journal of The North American Menopause Society 2017 ( 437KB PDF)
Histological Results: 2 Months After 1 Treatment
Symptoms Evaluation After 3 Sessions: VA
Symptoms Evaluation After 3 Sessions: UI
Before and After picture with the same enlargement.
Refer to the full study: Microscopic and ultrastructural modifications of postmenopausal atrophic vaginal mucosa after fractional carbon dioxide laser treatment
The graphs represent the percentage of reduction for the main symptoms of vaginal atrophy and urinary incontinence after 3 MonaLisa Touch™ sessions. The study was carried out at the Department of Gynaecology of the San Raffaele Hospital on patients with symptoms of uro-genital atrophy. [Courtesy of S. Salvatore, M.D. – IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy]