Dr Archna Saraswat
Dr Archna Saraswat understands that every woman’s body is unique, which is why she is so passionate about women’s health, its advances in technology, and having the ability to positively improve her patients’ quality of life.
She has a wide scope of experience having worked and trained in leading tertiary facilities overseas. After arriving in Australia in 2004, she began her journey at the Royal Women’s Melbourne, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane and Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital acquiring her Fellowship of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. She then worked as a staff specialist in Queensland Health before starting her own practice, Northside Gynaecology.
Many patients appreciate Archna’s warm caring nature, easy approach, positive outlook, and her broad range of knowledge that allows her to work closely with her patients to achieve the best possible outcomes.
She keeps herself up to date with the latest in gynaecology by attending conferences and workshops. She can expertly manage gynaecological issues and also runs a Pelvic Health clinic for women with urinary incontinence and vaginal prolapse requiring surgery with tension free sub urethral tape or pelvic reconstruction.
Outside of work, Archna loves the outdoors, spending her free time with her husband, two beautiful children and their Labrador. She believes in physical and mental fitness and has learned Tae Kwon Do for 2 years and can fluently speak Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi.
Dr Sarasawat operates from
Expertise & Special Interests
- Laparoscopic Surgery including Single Cut Laparoscopy
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Management of Abnormal Pap Smears requiring Colposcopy and LLETZ procedure
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding with Endometrial Ablation Procedures (NovaSure ®/Thermablate EAS™)
- Special expertise in the area of contraception both permanent and temporary
- IUD insertion and removal- including Mirena
- Urinary Incontinence
- MonaLisa Touch™ – Vaginal Laser Treatment
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Painful Periods
- Abnormal Periods
- Treatment of vulval disorders including Vulvoscopy
Time to make an appointment?